LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
Table of Contents
- Larch Wood. Introduced into England in the sixteenth century, larch trees were first grown as ornamental trees but were later used for their valuable timber. The straight tapering trunk sometimes approaches a height of one hundred feet. Page 154, Birds, Trees & Flowers, Illustrated – The nature lover’s companion to familiar British birds, trees and flowers, fully illustrated with photographs, drawings and colour plates. Brian Vesey-Fitzgerald, Odhams Press Limited, Long Acre, London, 348 pages, 1948.
- Look 70 of 73 on Kasia Struss, (silk and organza cape, £2,050, dress, £3,290) Dolce & Gabbana, “Fairy Tale & Fantasy”, Catwalk edited by Avril Mair, Harper’s Bazaar, September 2014.
- Red glitter, That Little Craft Store, Friday Street, Minehead, Somerset, January 2017.
- Deer-Heart, Valentine’s Day Card sent from Jean C. Fowler to Dakota Wren Richmond, posted from Covington, GA, February 2017.
- Knokke souvenir charm, Amsterdam antique store, May 2006.
- The Fall/Winter 2014 campaign, “Series 1” by Juergen Teller – A curated series of photography by Annie Leibovitz, Juergen Teller and Bruce Weber for Louis Vuitton. “I wanted an unprecedented narrative from each of these photographers whom I admire so greatly (…) I also wanted to remove them from their comfort zones, from what we already know about them, to see what they would tell the world, and me, about what fashion is today.” explains Nicolas Ghesquière. FT How To Spend It, September 15, 2014.
- Gone with the Wind (1939) celluloid off-cut, Monroe, Georgia, October, 2009.
- Cardinal “mushroom” bird, a craft store, 2008.
- “Flat mate” – William Eggleston, Untitled (Marcia Hare in Memphis, Tennessee), c1975, at the NPG. Page 110, World of Interiors, August 2016.
- “Into the woods” – Philip James de Loutherbourg set design for Omai, 1785, in Oxford. Page 181, World of Interiors, August 2016.
- “The Vatican Cope was made between 1280 and 1300. Its images of apostles, martyrs, saints and seraphs, as well as scenes depicting the Virgin and Child, the Crucifixion and the Coronation of the Virgin, are set within star shapes possibly inspired by Islamic tiles and textiles.” © Vatican City, Musei Vaticani. World of Interiors, October 2016.
- “Red Riding Hood” starring MyAnna Buring, “The first fairy tale I ever had read to me was Red Riding Hood,” says Twilight actress MyAnna Buring, Which could explain why she’s skipping across the lawn in her Dolce & Gabbana cape with such gusto…” Christmas Tales. Page 11, Editor’s Letter, Marie Claire, December 2014.
- Red Riding Hood miniature 1930s theatrical poster, Dolls House Suppliers, 16 December 2014.
- Toadstool, Beautifully Handmade, 13 January, 2017.
- “King Leo” – Leonardo di Caprio cover of British GQ photographed by Gavin Bond, June 2016.
- Little Red Cap illustration by Gustaf Tenggren.
- West Virginia, Souvenir State Flag, Point of Interest, Genuine Cloisonne, Japan. Flintstones Bedrock City, 422 Mt Rushmore Rd, Custer, South Dakota 57730, July, 2013.
- “Good day, Little Red Riding Hood,” said the wolf. “Where are you off to so early this morning?” The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm, 2014 wall calendar, Taschen… The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm, Noel Daniel, Hardcover, clothbound, with ribbon bookmarks, 20.5 x 25.6 cm, 320 pages. Taschen, 4 October 2011.
- King Leopold III of Belgium postage stamp, Kilve collector’s fair, Somerset, 2009.
- Red beads, Soho, London, 2002.
- Candy canes and cherry pie, Dinky Delights, 2012-14.
- Heimat by Ellen von Unwerth, price £650, published by Taschen as a collector’s edition of 1,500 copies, each numbered and signed by the photographer. Page 18, The Observer Magazine, 02.04.17.
- Hand painted porcelain squirrel on a stump fève, ValueARTifacts – French Fèves Vintage Supplies Tiny Treasures & Trinkets, Alabama, February 2016.
- “Woodland Comforts” – Inspired by nature our Woodland collection brings a modern approach to autumnal dressing. Shades of mid green, olive, lime and moss are instant wardrobe updates, accented with pops of beetroot and tomato red for a contemporary twist. Our woodland motifs are playful designs perfect for adding a quirky touch to blouses and accessories, providing the perfect contrast to our classic checks. Laura Ashley.
- Master of Estamariu, Predella from an altarpiece with the Virgin and the Child and Saints, Catalonia, Second half of the 14th century, Tempera on wood. (And other pieces) Photographed at the Museu Episcopal de Vic, 15th of August 2013 at 11:26-28.
- Green beads, Butte, Montana, July 2012.